David Cuthell, Principal Advisor
David is a Chartered Waste and Transport Manager with over 40 years’ experience in the procurement, management, maintenance and operation of the full range of public sector transport including, but not least, waste collection vehicles.
Prior to joining Plan B, David was the Chief Officer with the London Borough of Redbridge and had responsibility for managing and forming policy for a wide range of Client / Contractor Services including Waste Management, Cleansing, Transport, Grounds Maintenance, Catering and Streetscene Enforcement. In this role David was also responsible for the procurement of a wide range of outsourced services and capital assets, including vehicle and plant assets.
David can engage at all levels within an organisation, playing an active role in both the operational and strategic functions of the business. His highly detailed knowledge of the environmental services sector enables him to understand, quickly and forensically, the critical issues within a business or service and to develop robust and sustainable proposals for ‘best value’ future improvements and efficiencies.
David’s professionalism and integrity is widely respected and he has an excellent working knowledge of Waste and Procurement Legislation, Transport Legislation, Employment Law, Health & Safety Legislation and Contract Law.
- Plan B Management Solutions Ltd
- London Borough of Redbridge
- Professional Competence in Road Haulage and Passenger Transport Operations – Statutory Transport Manager
- Part 2, Diploma of Municipal Administration
- Local Government Clerical Examination
- Advanced Management Course for Senior Managers
- Certificates of Technical Competence (WAMITAB) Level III T3-C and Level IV T4-B
- Chartered Environmentalist
- Transport Management
- Service Reviews
- Senior & Interim Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Demand management
- Efficiency savings
- Government legislation
- Key Performance Indicators
- Performance management and reporting
- Risk management
- Service Development
- Supply chain
- Plan B Management Solutions Limited